Benefits of the Better Buildings Initiative
- Reduce the impact existing buildings have on the environment and resources.
- Reduce air emissions associated with existing buildings.
- Improve indoor air quality and occupant comfort.
- Foster a sustainable approach to the operation of existing buildings.
- Stimulate regional economic activity in the retrofit industry and
create a demand for eco-efficient building technology and expertise.
- Increase the longevity and asset value of existing buildings.
- Reduce the infrastructure cost of operating and servicing existing
- Reduce the environmental costs associated with their impact on the
- Stimulate employment opportunities in the retrofit industry, manufacturing
and service industry.
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the occupant and regional benefits
of eco-efficient and sustainable buildings.
- Encourages modernization and renewal of deteriorated buildings and
- Become recognized nationally/internationally for our environmental
Buildings Overview Intro